04 January 2010

The biggest scrapbooking tease of the decade.

I’ve been doing this for 6 years. Scrapbooking that is. And in all that time, I cannot remember a challenge system been so greatly anticipated. Seriously, by last Thursday, people were literally begging to be challenged by the Sweet Shop Design staff.

Now, I am not big on challenges. Especially ones set out by digi sites. Being a hybrid scrapper, the time frames set out are almost always impossible. And when I do have the time, it’s not a challenge that inspires me.

I was intrigued by this one, though. It promised to inspire us; something I greatly need, having done only 5 layouts last year. So along with every other SSD community member, I waited and waited and waited. We were teased and taunted right up until the 31st.

I must admit that this one was worth all the hype. 31 challenges laid out at the beginning of the month. We get to pick and choose the ones we want. Extra points for up to 5 hybrid layouts/projects. So I can decide now which I am going to do and which I am not. Thanks so much to Robin and her team.

There are of course other challenges all over the web. Scrapbook.com have some nice ones. These are set up by community member and not the staff. Some have limited spots so hunt around this thread, you might find some that you enjoy.

Of course, now that my inspiration for scrapbooking is one place, I can work on my other new years resolutions: decluttering my home and writing more. Believe it or not the decluttering seems to be easier. I have not had any writing mojo for about a year.

My project for this week is sort out that big basket full of old photos; write something for MDL and scrap a page or two. We’ll see how that goes

Here’s hoping I keep this blog updated. Happy 2010, may it be prosperous and productive.

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited about the new challenges too. I hadn't done one in over a year, and now I completed 2 just yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stoked about the challenges as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked the challenge and are feeling inspired! I really hope that you play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the challenges too! :) I've scrapped more in this week than almost the whole month of December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them too! Glad you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww I hope it wasn't TOO much torture! I'm so glad it was worth it and that you have enough time as a hybrid scrapper!!

    ReplyDelete