26 January 2010

So, I was lurking on the SSD board over the weekend and found this thread. This got me thinking about how after 34 years of my tastes evolving would I be able to narrow it all down to just 10. In truth, probably not.

So, I plan and documenting all my top 10’s here every Tuesday.

I thought I would start with something where I know my stuff. This was going to be Top 10 movies themes and evolved into top 10 movie ballads which evolved into top 10 movie ballads – Love theme.

So here they are: Top 10 Movie (Not Animated) Ballads - Love Theme

10 – Glory of Love – Peter Cetera, The Karate Kid II
9 – Up where we belong – Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, An Officer and a Gentleman.
8 – There you’ll be – Faith Hill, Pearl Harbour.
7 – Because you loved me – Celine Dion, Up Close and Personal.
6 – Separate Lives – Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin, from the movie White Nights.
5 – Out of Reach – Gabrielle, Bridget Jones Diary.
4 – I don’t wanna miss a thing – by Aerosmith, Armageddon.
3 – Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers, Ghost.
2 – Everything I do, I do it for you – Brian Adams,Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.
1 – I will always love you – Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard.

Yes, I know, my top two are from movies with Kevin Costner in it.

Some H/M’s
I had the time of my life – Bill Medley/Jennifer Warnes, Dirty Dancing
My Heart will go on – Celine Dion, Titanic
Kiss me – Six pence none the richer, She’s All That
All the love in the world –The Corrs, America’s Sweethearts.

Please feel free to comment if you think there are any I should have included.

C

2 comments:

  1. what a fun idea to do your top 10 lists! I love some of your song choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea! How clever! I'll be humming some of those today!

    ReplyDelete