12 January 2010

I scrapped!!! Woohoo!!!

Seriously, I did. Actually this page was done by Friday but weather, life and other stuff prevented me from taking the photo. I did it for challenge #29 on SSD. I had to find inspiration from this blog. The photography was a bit beyond me but I love her idea of telling a story with a few captions. The beauty of hybrid of course, is that, the smiley paper was completely altered to fit the theme. It was yellow and red with “sick” and fever” scribbled all over it. I love photoshop.

Journalling reads:this is a story of a girl who: 1 -was able to concentrate intently; 2 -coversed animately; 3 -smiled often (my favourite); 4 -argued with passion; 5 -oh, and cried a river and drowned the whole world.
The quote at the top:“if the eyes are the window to the soul, your face would be the French doors standing wide open to your heart”
Papers: Big spender, chicken soup (recoloured and altered) -Heather Roselli; Frankie and Jackie (altered) -Tracy Reed; Smileys: -from chicken soup paper; Journaling Block: Diamonds Libby Weifanbach
Fonts: DJB AmyT and Maiandra

I did not get to sorting out that basket photos but I did manage to flood the bath room. Actually half the flat was covered in half an inch of water. If you think half an inch is not much you would be wrong. The under felt of the passage carpet is all bunched up and the previous owners put carpet over wooden floors.

In other news Nikita goes back to school tomorrow. Stationery is bought and labled. Those little white labels on everything she did herself in excel and stuck them on each every item. Books are covered, well most of them. We got two thirds of the way and ran out of paper. All I need to do is put a hem in her school uniform and she will polish her own shoes. Best Wishes to all teachers.


Clip art - Summer Reading by Heather Roselli

This week I will finish covering those school books and sort that basket of photos and… oh yes, write some.

Chantal

9 comments:

  1. It must be the year of flooding our houses, eh? Hope you've gotten your floors all dried out now. Love your hybrid page...reminds me I need to get a bunch of hybrid pages done too...has to wait a little bit longer though...have a radiator to replace and get caught up on the things I didn't get finished last week because of my own leakage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Sorry about the flooding - that had to have been quite a mess to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, how neat that you cover her books...that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your flooding! What a mess! Good Luck with back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my hope things are getting better. Darling page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page with wonderful journaling. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cool page! great take on that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the flooding! your page is beautiful and what a great back to school photo

    ReplyDelete