02 February 2010

Lets talk Military Movies.

I thought I would do some movies this week.

Here's my top 10 military movies.

10 -Master and Commander
9 -Platoon.
8 - Men of Honor - Very few actors pull off the enlisted officer like Cuba; and then there's Robert De Niro and Charlize Theron
7 - Rules of Engagement
6 - Basic - Love that twist at the end
5 - Pearl Harbour
4 - Saving Private Ryan
3 - Top Gun
2 - A Few Good Men
1 - U-571

H/M's
GI Jane

Ok, so some of them are not brilliant. Infact, now, watching Platoon has only one redeeming feature - Charlie Sheen.

I love Military Movies, and I doubt it has any thing to do with the men in them. But look at this list.

Appearing on my list:
Russel Crowe - 1 - but then Gladiator doesn't classify as Military Movie to me.
Paul Bettany - 1
Charlie Sheen - 1
Robert De Niro - 1
Cubu Gooding Jnr - 3
Tommy Lee Jones - 1
Samuel Jackson - 2
John Travolta - 1 - although he is never in uniform in Basic
Ben Affleck - 1
Josh Hartnett - 1
Tom Cruise - 2
Jack Nicolson - 1
Matt Damon - 1
Tom Hanks - 1
Matthew McConnehey - 1.

That it from me for today. I have a another chapter rattling in my head so I want to write that tonight and upload my peice for MDL.

Chantal

4 comments:

  1. I have seen most of those movies and I love them! I love military movies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great movies! I've seen them all and own a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a man in uniform. There are a couple on your list that I haven't seen - I just may have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G... I LOVED Top Gun... it was a ritual when I was sick, I would watch Top Gun... of course, back in the day my parents wouldn't buy a movie if you could tape it on VHS off tv... *sigh* those were the days...

    ReplyDelete