03 February 2010

What I wish was in my hand luggage.

What I wish was in my hand luggage.

Or Carry- On luggage…

The idea of travelling in style always appeals to me. I always try and arrive at my destination looking like I have some semblance of style. I may not pull it off but I must say my hand luggage would make even a boy scout look unprepared (well, I’m a girl guide).

The thing is, if you look inside that bag, you’ll find a hodgepodge of everything. My husband bought take aways a few weeks go and the café did not have any cutlery (This would be a topic for another post). I then promptly took a fork out of my handbag. He thought that this was the height of it. He then proceeded to tell everyone who would listen about what all I have in my handbag.

So I thought I would unpack it today. (No pics unfortunately, I still need to install the camera on the new baby.) So here’s what’s in there.

1 x wallet.
1 x those wet wipe thingies that they give you when you eat steak at restaurants
1 x ID book
1 x Christmas Ball
2 x those after dinner sweets they give you at restaurants
1 x Rimmel Cream blush
1 x eye shadow compact
12 x mini hair clips (I don’t know why I need 12)
1 x 20c coin
2 x Lipstick
1 x business cards
4 x anti -histamines
1 x tub of painkillers
2 x plasters
1 x tennis ball
1 x toothbrush
1 x cake of soap
1 x tweezers
1 x string of tinsel (it's not a long piece)
3 x pens
1 x Hair tie
1 x toy car
1 x deodorant.
1 x bracelet

Ok, if you look it like this, it does seem ridiculous. Especially when you consider that my regular handbag is not that big.

Here’s what would like in the inside of my handbag. It doesn’t all need to be pink, I’m just in a pink sort of mood today. I did this at Polyvore, a lovely site to play around on.



I love that handbag. Actually I have a thing for handbags, but this one just seemed like the thing… and its big enough to hold my laptop.

My iPod, I still need to get used to those things in my ears. I really want a Kindle, which will be my next electronic purchase. The iPhone - I am hoping that its an option on my next upgrade, which will be January 2011. I really love all the skins available for it. The Mac I will wait for.

Then there’s make-up. Lipstick, shadows, blush, pencils, tweezers and brushes. Oh and I want an eyelash curler. The reason I don’t have one yet is because I’m sure I will get bored of it after two uses. I am not a fan of celebrity fragrance but I loved how Lovely smelt on my skin so that will definitely go onto my wish list.

I will probably add the plasters, painkillers and anti-histamines. Oh and some sweets and a hair tie.


Gosh this is a long post… Thanks for reading.
Chantal

2 comments:

  1. oooh that is PRETTY! I wish that were my handbag, and what was in my handbag, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll 3rd that and then add my passport, regular glasses and sunglasses to the mix. I'm too scared to even look to see what's in mine. :)

    ReplyDelete